Joint protection of a weak or paralysed arm and hand is important for stroke survivors. The use of a sling brings the arm and hand closer to one’s body and prevents it from striking objects within the environment and further injuring it.
- Protects arm and hand joints that are prone to injury during transfers and mobility
- Simple and easy to use- one strap around the neck with the other around the shoulder
- Strap length can be adjusted for different sized individuals
- Often worn incorrectly with two straps around one’s neck leading to increased neck strain
- This aid promotes disuse of the upper extremity and minimizes recovery after a stroke – should only be used during transfers or mobility