A toilet seat that latches on top of the toilet to make it taller by several inches. Great for people that have difficulty getting into standing from low surfaces or those that rely on nearby objects for support. Easily clamps onto most toilets.
- quick and easy to install
- allows people to attain greater independence with toileting
- sometimes existing toilet seats need to be removed to install this raised toilet seat
- less hygienic and may be difficult to clean
- seat frequently loses its ability to stay securely latched onto the toilet or does not latch securely from the beginning
- not visually appealing