A piece of metal that is drilled into studs to help support users with transfers and sometimes with mobility. Commonly used to help people get in and out of the bathtub, on and off the toilet, etc.
- can be placed in various areas (bathtub, shower, bedroom, near toilet, etc)
- needs to be drilled into studs and may be in a less than ideal position as a result
- needs to be installed by a professional
- can be costly to purchase and install
- permanent and need permission from landlord to install