A pole from the floor to the ceiling that comes with a horizontal bar that rotates and locks at set intervals. This device is pulled on to help people get into standing or used for support to pivot around the pole to sit on another surface.
- Can be used in numerous areas such as bathrooms, living rooms and bedrooms
- horizontal bar can be rotated out of the way when it is not needed
- allows someone greater independence with transfers from chairs and other surfaces into standing
- the horizontal bar can get closer to an individual and be utilized more safely as a result
- more expensive than a traditional floor to ceiling pole without a horizontal bar
- tension in pole needs to be checked regularly to ensure that pole has not shifted and it is still secure