A crutch for those with a recent leg operation or leg cast who are instructed to not bare full weight on the affected side. This crutch is special because it is strapped onto one’s leg and does not require use of the hands to move from around.
- keeps one’s hands free to engage in other tasks like cooking, brushing teeth, etc
- knee is padded for additional comfort
- lower body may fatigue more easily as you are relying on it more compared to traditional hand crutches
- may take some getting used to in order for safe walking to occur
- not the safest for terrain that isn’t smooth and flat ie. the foot piece could become lodged in cracks or holes in sidewalks