A small battery powered hearing aid that can be inserted into the ear. Used to increase the volume of incoming sounds and conversation. Great for those with age related hearing loss that wish to increasing their ability to interact with others.
- increased ability to participate in social interactions.
- audio levels can be easily adjusted with push of a button
- difficult for those with poor fine motor abilities to replace the small batteries in the aid
- batteries need to be replaced frequently
- not custom tailored by a professional audiologist to your own individual hearing needs
- may be difficult to focus in on one sound as it amplifies background noises as well