A stick that is held in one’s mouth and controlled by one’s oral muscles or neck motion. With this tool, people that suffer from body paralysis or weakness, can interact with their environment by pushing buttons or keyboard keys.
- increased independence with interacting with one’s environment ie. can use devices by interacting with a remote or interact with a keyboard
- can be utilized for communicating when used in combination with a communication device
- time consuming to complete any one action
- decreased accuracy may contribute to frustration
- repetition is needed before one learns how to use a mouth stick quickly and effectively