A transfer aid used by a caregiver to relocate someone from one surface to another. Typically used by people that have difficulty with safely moving on their own or with the help of a caregiver only. This mechanical aid reduces risk of falls when used correctly.
- increased safety with transfers from one surface to another when used correctly
- decreased risk of injury to patient and caregiver when used correctly
- decreased strain on the caregiver as the machine does the heavy lifting
- requires training prior to use from a qualified therapist
- requires ample empty space and clear pathways to effectively use
- needs smooth and flat flooring to safely roll the device around
- requires a caregiver to move the mechanical device and utilize the controls to safely transfer the patient