A piece of plastic suctioned onto a smooth flat surface to help support users with transfers. Commonly used in showers, near bathtubs or toilets. Grab bar can be relocated as needed, but require regular checking to ensure suction.
- easy to install
- temporary and can be relocated as needed
- usually do not need landlord approval
- may loosen easily and contribute to falls
- need to be checked regularly and prior to each use
- will not work on surfaces that are not smooth and flat (ie. Will not hold if placed over grout)