An electric powered chair that can lift a user forward into a semi standing position. This is great for someone that has difficulty standing from a chair related to decreased strength or endurance.
- remote controlled to give the user independence
- some models even recline fully in an astronaut position.
- generally allows users to get into standing without any other aids
- Some users find this easier to get in and out of so they stop sleeping in bed. This allows for increased pathway clearance if no bed is needed
- requires some pathway clearance around the chair to allow it to properly change positions