An adaptive telephone that transcribes the other caller’s speech into a built in display as written text. Great communication tool for the hearing impaired that wish to socialize or manage their own telephone calls and appointments.
- Allows those with hearing impairments to read what is spoken to them over the phone
- Offers multiple other features that may be useful for those with hearing problems such as speakerphone
- More expensive compared to a traditional phone
- May incorrectly transcribe spoken language especially when there is distortion, background noise or the use of accents
- Can only transcribe language spoken in English and Spanish