A power wheelchair that can adjust to put the user into a standing position. Great for people that have ongoing issues with pressure ulcers on the coccyx or circulation issues. Also allows one to be more functional such as reaching for higher surfaces like cupboards.
- improved circulation and minimizes risk of developing pressure sores
- improved functioning by allowing one to reach for taller surfaces like cupboards or to have an eye to eye conversation
- increased independence with mobility
- very expensive
- one needs to be custom fitted by a physiotherapist or occupational therapist to a wheelchair to make sure it is appropriate for their medical condition
- one needs to be trained on power wheelchair use to ensure they are able to safely operate it