A door knob cover typically used to prevent small children from openning doors. Can also be used to decrease the risks associated with wandering for seniors with impaired cognition such as those with Dementia / Alzheimer’s disease.
- quick and easy way to restrict access to unsafe rooms or spaces ie. such as the stairs to the basement
- can be used to prevent one from wandering outside the room or into other rooms
- people with cognitive impairments may still retain the ability to learn and may develop the ability to open doors
- if there was an emergency and evacuation was needed, the individual may be trapped
- appears childish and is not visually appealing