A cushion with small air pockets that can be inflated or deflated to protect one from and heal existing pressure sores on one’s bottom. Considered the gold standard for reducing risk of coccyx wounds and promoting their healing.
- effective when used correctly
- great solution for patients at high risk of developing pressure sores that spend a lot of time in sitting
- needs to be checked regularly as cushion can deflate over time
- cushion needs to be inflated to an appropriate amount as both too little air and too much air may be detrimental to wound healing or pressure minimization
- expensive compared to other cushions